Friday, May 6, 2011

The Wild Week of Ethan...Post 1

I've finally recovered from the ridiculous week I had with Ethan (it was 2 weeks ago), and I thought I should share some of the high points:

1. Dinner at Serpentine in Dogpatch. Even though we weren't seated until *an hour and a half* after our reservation and we dined with an uncomfortably argumentative couple, the dinner was one of the best I've had in a long time. Livers, meat & cheese board, gnocchi (with bacon lardons!!), battered calamari and several A+ cocktails. Ethan and I were happy campers indeed. It's also GORGEOUS inside, with a clean concrete style and skylights.

2. Brunch at Foreign Cinema.


We were hungover as shit and feeling like zombies. A pick me up at Ritual coffee in the Mission led us to Foreign Cinema in a search for a spicy bloody mary and Oh Lord, did Foreign Cinema deliver just that - along with some beef carpaccio and sardines that kicked my butt into high heaven. I don't think Ethan will ever be the same after that carpaccio...it came with fried capers and homemade potato chips teehee.

3. Oakland beer adventure at The Trappist. Ethan noticed that his friend had checked in at the Trappist, a belgian beer bar in Oakland, and we decided on a whim to BART there and surprise him. Beligians tend to be my favorite style (mostly the strongs) so I was beyond happy. My favorite was Moonlight's Reality Czeck (oddly NOT a belgian beer), a Czech Pilsener. Nice and light for a daytime drinkie.

4. Card game at Zeitgeist.


The weather was a little off while Ethan was here, but we decided to take in what little sun there was on the back patio of Zeitgeist. While kicking his ass at cards I sipped on yet another bloody mary (theme of the trip) and generally enjoyed spending time with Ethie. The game started quite tame, but slowly escalated to us hurling insults at each other. Such a good time!

More to come....

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you guys went to the Trappist and DIDN'T eat at Souley Vegan next door? That place is fucking amazing. I'll have to drag you up there during my trip in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad that someone documented what the two of you did on his trip. All my questions got mumbled responses of "stuff".

    ReplyDelete